Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hanging out with the bikers

I don't know what I enjoy more - last year when David was too much of a lazy ass to ride his bike anywhere or this year, when he is too fast and too furious to stop, even when Papa yells at the top of his lungs. At least Vin Diesel, Jr. has a helmet, although the pedestrians that run away from him screaming would probably make better use of the protective gear.

After racking up fifteen points for running over a nun, a dog and a parked car, we made it to the clinic. As Angie got her well-needed whiff of new baby smell, Lauri got his first dose of the Zoo and let me just say that the animals were in full roar.

You'll notice that there is a fire extinguisher behind Angie. I guess the hospital knew that Angie would be visiting and thought that she might, for some strange reason, decide to start cooking. Unfortunately for the insurance company, Angie does not win her way to a person's heart by cooking. She does like spending my money, though and as Lauri's future godmother, he can certainly expect a lot of non-edibles.

Speaking of food, I left at one point and raced home to throw a roast in the oven. I borrowed Sami's bike so that I would not take that long. Apparently, I should have pedaled faster.

Not only did I find Sami giggling away at how cruel he can be to his godchild; I also discovered that our three boys plus a newborn makes Angie's ears hurt. A cute little knock-on effect of Angie's ears aching is that she starts shaking with anger until her inner rage is released on her unsuspecting husband as he returns FROM COOKING A FREAKIN' ROAST FOR HER!! Unlike the normal sensitive Metrosexual that I am, I cranked up her hearing aid and rather loudly emphasized this point. Like the pedestrians in David's path of wrath, I was soon feeling the need for some protective gear.
--------------------------------------------
Ladder Talk:
1) What was the best part of your day?
Peter: When we saw Lauri.
David: When Peter cannot talk.

2) What was the worst part of your day?
Peter: When Lauri cried.
David: When I cried 'cause Dalia come not.

3) What would you like to do tomorrow?
Peter: To play pirates.
David: When Peter go out and look with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment