Tuesday, September 23, 2008

David's High Chair


You can't really tell in this picture, but David is sitting on the remains of tree that has been cut down. At least I think it was cut down. David was left on his own briefly before this snapshot, so I can only hope that he had nothing to do with the creation of this stump. I don't see David as the tree-hugging type, but I also don't think he is the tree-choking type. If I am wrong, I can only hope there were no witnesses.

Angie woke up to David head butting her belly. Angie screamed, David laughed, I snored. Then Angie head butted me to tell me about it. I told her not to worry, that David's little belly bonk was just his way of telling his little brother to cut the shit already and come out from hiding. Hide and seek will be funny. Later.

I took Angie to her daily doctor's appointment today and almost got us killed. See, in front of the hospital, I thought one of the side roads was one-way. Thought, as in the past tense of to think. Past tense, because I now know it is not one-way. According to Angie, to think does not appear in my vocabulary in any form or tense, but I think this is just her playful way of expressing how much she loves me.

Our near-death experience did not phase Nonameyet. It did phase Angie's digestive urges, which after the appointment told her she needed a milkshake. This time, without peanut butter.

At the milkshake bar, David chose the red straw, which is apparently the one that leaks chocolate shit all over your chin, shirt, hair and shoes. I reached for some napkins and essentially had to rip them out of the holder, because they were wedged in there so tight.

I unwisely chose that point in time to reveal to her holy pregginess how irritating it is for me when napkins are packed into the napkin dispenser so tightly that you tear the napkins to shreds trying to get them out.

She gave me a look that I have not seen since I accidentally broke her toe once in museum in Ireland and told her to be quiet when she screamed, but that's a different story altogether.

Her look puzzled me until she followed it with 'I am a week overdue, my belly feels like it can explode at any moment, and YOU want to explain to ME how NAPKINS can be irritating??!!'. At that point, she started hyperventilating and I really lost focus of what she was babbling about. My thoughts were still on that damn napkin holder. Man those things piss me off.
--------------------------------------------
Ladder Talk:
1) What was the best part of your day?
Peter: To go to kindergarten when I take the Lion King bag.
David: When I look two Little Einstein's with the Fire-bird.

2) What was the worst part of your day?
Peter: David said Gizma scratch him and she didn't do that.
David: When the kitty scratch me and I cry.

3) What would you like to do tomorrow?
Peter: To dress me up as Superman.
David: When I go'ed with Mama and Peter in the water splash.

see related cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment