Monday, September 22, 2008

The Class Clown

This is Peter, years before the joy of detention begins. It's kind of like this, only without the chocolate bar, funny faces and Irmgard the angry math teacher is standing behind you with a ruler and a frown. Trust me - do as much crazy shit as you can - they don't have detention in kindergarten!!

I woke up this morning and asked Angie how she was feeling. Overdue. There were so many emotions flying around in that one little word, and not a single one of them was funny. I chose not to reply and quietly slipped out of bed to make coffee.

Today was the BIG DAY for David. He wants to go to kindergarten and understands now that he cannot unless he starts using the toilet like a BIG BOY. So we took off his diaper and let him prance around the house like some kind of liberated hippie going commando. At one point he came up to proudly announce that he had a BIG POOPY in his pants. Great. As if cleaning a turd wasn't bad enough when it was nicely packaged in a convenient diaper.

Peter came home today with his leftover lunch, including a box of uneaten grapes. I noticed that one grape was completely smashed, so of course I asked. He explained that Lucy, one of the girls that he has been chasing around, stepped on it and crushed it when Peter offered it to her. I really don't know what is funnier - that Peter is now impressing girls with... grapes??!! Or that Lucy stomped on his weird affection offering? Or that he kept the squashed grape as some kind of bizarre love trophy?

Throughout the day, the phone was ringing off the hook with people who apparently think we secretly had the baby and are somehow trying to hide this fact from everyone. Normally, I thoroughly enjoy seeing Angie annoyed, but that is only when I am the one doing the antagonizing. When other people do it, I get no satisfaction out of it, so please stop robbing me of my cherished button-pushing. It has been over a week now since Angie has been annoyed solely from my own doing - I'm overdue.
--------------------------------------------
Ladder Talk:
1) What was the best part of your day?
Peter: When you drawed that picture from my mommy and me - it is so funny.
David: When I get on in the misomisa and then get down.

2) What was the worst part of your day?
Peter: When Lucy didn't play with me today.
David: When Peter shlan goon and my foot on his nose.

3) What would you like to do tomorrow?
Peter: To play with Paul and Jonathan.
David: When castle we go again.

see related cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment